It can be a daunting process when deciding to write your own book, the best way to get more out of the experience is to have a clear path to follow. That is why we’ve put together these writing process steps.
These steps will make it easier for you to understand where to begin when writing your story:
- Find your idea: No story can begin without a great idea!
- Plan, plan, plan: Write outlines for each chapter, characters and plot. Use this step to arrange and rearrange the story until you’re happy.
- Write a rough copy: If you’re new to writing don’t try and spend hours writing, instead divide your time and write in short intervals.
- Edit: After writing your rough copy, proofread and check for grammatical errors and punctuation. Keep making as many edits and changes until you’re 100% happy with the final result.
- Publish: When your happy with your re-draft and edits of your book, its time to publish! This is where all your hard work pays off. Self-publishing is on the rise and more and more authors are finding success through self-publishing rather than (or in addition to) traditional publishing.
It can be scary to finally let the world read your finished book. That’s where Type & Tell services can help you on your journey. Our choice of packages and services are ideal for first timers and experienced self-published authors. You have complete control of your book, but with the guidance and support of the Type & Tell team.